At a glance - Who we are, What information we collect, How we use it, and What rights and options you have
Who are we?
are to Price Engines Ltd, Pioneer House, Derby Road, Stenson,
Derby, DE73 7HL. (Owners and copyright holders of the Quoter system.)
You can contact us by writing to the address above. By email: email@example.com or by telephone: 01283707050 The purpose of this statement is to set out how we use personal information that we may obtain about you. By either registering as a user of any services provided by Price Engines Ltd on this website and by using any of our Quoter web sites generally you agree to this use.
Any personal information we collect from this website will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and other applicable laws. Under no circumstances do we pass your details to anyone without your permission.
Data to identify you and ensure that we can detect and prevent fraud
The information we collect via this website may include:
- Any personal details you type in and submit such as name, address,
email address, etc.
- Data which allows us to recognise you, your preferences and
how you use this website. This saves you from re-entering information
when you return to the site. This data is collected by cookies
from your navigation around the site.
A cookie is a small amount of data, which we send to your computer. The data is then stored on your browser or hard disk. Most web browsers can be set to prevent you from receiving new cookies, notify you before accepting cookies or disable cookies altogether. Details about this can normally be found in the Help facility provided with your browser. If you disable cookies, you may find you see pop-up notifications more frequently and we will not be in a position to help our advertising partners - Google, and Bing ( Microsoft) and Facebook tailor your exposure to adverts. If you do not want your visits to our website to be assisted in this way you can disable certain cookie functions as described below: If you wish, you can usually adjust your browser so that your computer does not accept cookies. If you do this, you will still be able to browse around the site and submit information and get guideline quotes as normal. How you adjust your browser to stop it accepting cookies or to notify you of them, will depend on the type of Internet browser programme your computer uses. If your computer uses Microsoft Windows Explorer or Mozilla Firefox, you will need to follow these instructions after clicking onto this link www.allaboutcookies.org. Go to the heading "Manage Cookies". Click onto the option you prefer, either stopping cookies being installed, or notifying you of them. From the list provided, click onto the programme, which your computer uses. If this is not shown on the list, click on the "help" heading on the bar at the top of this page, search for information on "cookies" - an explanation of how to delete cookies will appear, then follow these instructions.
- Your browser also generates other information, including which
language the site is displayed in, and your Internet Protocol
address ("IP address"). An IP address is a set of numbers
which is assigned to your computer during a browsing session whenever
you log on to the Internet via your internet service provider
or your network (if you access the Internet from, for example,
a computer at work). Your IP address is automatically logged by
our servers and used to collect traffic data about visitors to
our web sites. We do not use your IP address to identify you personally
but these logs may contain unique identifiable information left
by your computer that could potentially be used to distinguish bogus site users and automated processes ( bots) so we need to collect this temporarily.
Data to progress and deliver your order or information
The details we collect will be used:
- To process your enquiry, to maintain records and to provide
after-sales service (we may pass your details to another organisation
to supply/deliver products or services you have purchased and/or
to provide after-sales service).
- Your address location details can be used to match your property location against our database of home improvement companies with the aim of providing service and guideline quotes that are as accurate as possible.
- We would like to tell you when we can match your requirement against the network of companies that we represent. We do this by telephone, email and SMS but promise never to bombard, hassle or pressure.
- e-mail - we have a nice newsletter that we hope you choose to continue to subscribe to. When you register on our sites we email an offer to subscribe. We will probably ask when we speak as well. If you don't want it, then that's no problem.
- telephone - we will call after your enquiry to see if we can help further. We're nice people and we promise never to pressure you in any way!
- SMS ( text message ) - occasionally we will send notifications either to let you know that we have located new offers about products you are considering , or let you know who it was calling you of we have not managed to get hold of you.
Information that allows us to know you as a customer and ensure that we can continue to develop features that you want
Our service relies on our ability to offer the right products and services at the right time. We know that certain home improvements have a particular life cycle, and the ability to analyse what home improvements have been carried out on a certain property allows us to provide the right support to our network of customers.
Many of our customers will use us to find suppliers or tradesmen for one home improvement and then for another a few years or months later. To help with this we may track enquiries and use the information to provide targeted information and offers.
Your rights and options
- You can ask us to update or remove your personal information at any time
by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
or by writing to us at our customer services address below. You'll get a reply almost immediately and your request taken care of in a matter of hours - not days or weeks.However,
please note that we may need to keep some personal data in order
to process orders or to comply with customer service or after
sale obligations where we have matched your enquiry against our network and gained permission to process your enquiry.
- You have the right to request a copy of any personal information
we hold about you. To do this, simply write to us at the following
address, or email email@example.com
Customer Services (Data Request)
Price Engines Ltd
This domain will never be used or allowed to send unsolicited email (also known as UCE or SPAM). We strictly only allow to be sent emails to people who have registered their details with the sender and requested these communications in accordance with the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 (as amended).
Mon-Fri: 9am - 6pm
Fax: 01283 707080